My Tech Guys Inc. is the premiere provider of in-home and in-office computer and smartphone service and repair within the Comox Valley. In addition we are the only computer store in Comox and the only local Apple Reseller in the Comox Valley. The successful geek(s) will help us grow as we expand to support our customers in the Comox Valley and beyond.
My Tech Guys has built a reputation for having the friendliest geeks in town, with premium quality products and service. Successful candidates must have outstanding communication skills with the ability to understand our customers and their needs. My Tech Guys will provide training for Candidates with the right aptitude and attitude.
We provide award winning sales, service and support with the friendliest and most knowledgeable technicians. Our customers range from retirees purchasing their first computer or tablet to multi-office companies requiring complicated network configuration. Opening in Nov 2006, as of December 2016 we service nearly 16,000 customers in the Comox Valley. We have won several awards over the past 10 years:
2007 Top New Business, BC Chamber of Commerce
2008 Best IT Service Company, MISTIC, nominated 3 years in a row
2009 Small Business of the Year, Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce
2010 Business Growth Award, Small Business BC
2016 BC Best Community Impact nominee, Small Business BC
Several Canada Day and Christmas Parade BEST FLOATS
We are happy to welcome a new geek into the MTG network and definitely value attitude as much as experience. The right candidate can always be trained so we look forward to hearing from you!
Our client base is diverse but is primarily made up of PC users (60%) as well as Mac users (40%). Our Comox Valley customers are about 50% iPhone and 50% Android with a few Blackberry and Windows phone users. We provide a premium service for our customers, and as such you must be able to provide excellent value.
The successful applicant must be able to multi-task, problem solve, learn fast, give estimates, provide excellent customer service and be a team player. Our Courtenay store is a very fast paced environment requiring a person able to keep up while having great attention to detail.
My Tech Guys are looking for a friendly approachable geek to primarily work as a computer repair technician. The Successful candidate will be familiar with diagnosing and fixing technical issues, treat people in a kind and courteous manner and prepared to fulfill most of the following tasks:
- Mobile and bench device repairs and service
- In home & office computer repair for Mac and PC
- Printer and fax setup, troubleshoot and test
- Network computers, devices and printers
- Remote service support
- Schedule appointments for techs
- Answer phone and check messages
- Fill out in-store work orders for customers
- Receive payment from customers
- Keep tech area tidy/organized
- Tier 1/2/3 Troubleshooting
- Outstanding communication skills
- Enthusiastic when learning new tech skills
- iPhone (iOS) and Android setup and configuration
- PC and Mac Repair and troubleshooting
- General Windows Knowledge
- General Mac OS X Knowledge
- Ability to advise clients on best hardware and software upgrade options
- Network Troubleshooting
- Graphics software (Picasa, iPhoto, Photo Gallery)
- Backup software
- Remote desktop support
- iPod and other personal electronics
We are happy to provide in house training for the right candidate…